Women have been giving birth for as long as humans have been on the planet, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy and that doesn’t mean it’s always intuitive! This informative, affordable, hands-on birthing class will help you ease your birthing time and in preparing for the birth of your child.
In this 90-minute class you will gain valuable skills for coping with the strong sensations of birth while learning to connect with your birth partner. Some techniques we will include:
- Partner assisted yoga-based postures to support you, to ease sensation during contractions, and to create a more harmonious birth experience
- Breathing techniques to ease strong birth sensations and to keep you calm
- Acupressure points you can use before, during, and after your birth to help the baby descend more easily, to relieve strong sensations, relax the body and calm the mind
- Listening skills to keep you and your partner connected during birth
- Essential oils for relaxation and birth challenges
- Understanding the rhythm and ritual of birth
Skills you will take with you are postures, acupressure and breathing techniques, essential oil uses and ways to stay connected are provided with your class. This is a hands-on class with ample opportunity for practice.
Preregister by clicking on the pay link then bring your partner to the next class!
Don’t know if childbirth classes are right for you? Check out this article on Mara’s World.
Want something from the National Institutes of Health about birth classes? Check this out from the National Institute of Health.
Easing Your Birthing Time
Austin Area Birthing Center South
2500 W. William Cannon, Suite 503
Austin Texas 78745
PRE REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Oct 14th 6:00-7:30
Nov 18th 6:00-7:30
Dec 16th 6:00-7:30